Do you share our vision for an interconnected network of 750-miles of bicycle and pedestrian trails connecting the Greater Philadelphia region? Join the Circuit Trails Commitment Campaign!
The Circuit Trails Coalition works to secure funds for trail planning, design and construction. County Commissioners & Freeholders from the nine regional counties make up the board of the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC). The Circuit Trails Coalition keeps the DVRPC board informed about trail projects and encourages the allocation of funds to the Region Trail Fund to build the Circuit Trails network.
You can help by:
1. Commenting on actions being taken by the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC)
In June 2016, the DVRPC is voting on several items that will advance Circuit Trails. Please send in a comment to express support for these actions.
For Circuit Trails in Pennsylvania, email a comment by June 27th to express support for retaining the Circuit line item that programs funding for Circuit Trails.
For Circuit Trails in New Jersey, fill out this form by noon on June 22nd to express support for funding the design and construction of six trail segments AND ask that these trail segments be placed into a line item on the next New Jersey Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
2. Signing the Connect the Circuit Trails petition.
• Funding trails in our region to make the Circuit Trails the most comprehensive metropolitan trail system in the United States.
• Biking and walking trails as an important and valuable method of transportation which deserves regional transportation funding.
• The chance to bike or walk on trails all day long, whether I'm going north, south, east or west.
7. Taking a friend for a walk or a bike ride on the Circuit Trails.
8. Helping to grow the Circuit Trails Coalition.
Want your Trail or Conservation organization to join the Circuit Trails Coalition? See our invitation and guidelines here.